Cargo is looking for multiple full-time, on-site or remote Digital Designers that can use their powers to develop, plan, and deliver world class digital design. Working under our Digital Lead, the Digital Designer will be responsible for producing digital marketing designs, application and platform interfaces, and any digital content across various media channels and platforms.
The Digital Designer participates in a wide range of deliverables for all of Cargo’s clients. Taking direction from the Digital Lead and Creative Director(s), the Digital Designer works hand-in-hand with the larger Digital and Creative Teams to bring client work to life through a screen. This role will be heavily involved in all aspects of the Digital process, as the Digital Designer must be involved from the initial brief to the final deployment of the project, ensuring quality is never lost.
The Digital Designer will also be responsible for improving the agency’s knowledge of how digital design can be applied to improve clients’ digital presence.
Besides being insanely talented, the Digital Designer needs to be a good human-being! Unselfish. Collaborative. Respectful. Responsible. Self-sufficient. Ego-free. And committed to the Work, the Team, and the Clients.
- Conceptualize, design and produce digital marketing assets across various channels & platforms including but not limited to email campaigns, landing pages, programmatic, social media, SMS, websites, applications, AR/VR, etc.
- Develop conceptual features, wire-frames, layout and production design for full digital campaigns and/or complex digital projects.
- Develop and execute digital visual design standards with a mobile first design mentality.
- Ability to deliver digital-creative across all devices and platforms.
- Brainstorm creative and strategic digital solutions with relevant partners based on client goals.
- Participate in initial planning of digital assets, presenting in creative review meetings to all relevant stakeholders and teams.
- Create compelling, timely digital experiences that support specific strategic requirements.
- Listening to internal and external stakeholders to understand needs and vision while fully executing against all requirements and delivering against deadlines.
- Ability to adhere to internal style guidelines, maintaining the quality of clients brand aesthetics and integrity translated across all projects.
- Manage end-to-end digital projects (the full project lifecycle – from brief, concept, design to delivery).
- Work with digital development team to ensure design quality is not sacrificed.
- Work closely with Digital Lead and creative team to execute ad-hoc content creation based on short-term and long-term business needs, trending conversations, competitive activity, and other requests.
- Creatively seek out new products and maintain cutting edge industry knowledge and trends.
- Complete responsibilities in a professional manner, while delivering world class quality.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- 3 – 5 years of digital graphic design experience.
- 3 – 5 years of marketing experience.
- Understanding of design conventions and specs for digital a MUST.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Robust creative visionary, proven professional in delivering innovative digital experiences.
- Creative problem solver, with careful attention to accuracy and detail.
- Self-motivated and energetic with a strong sense of urgency.
- Organized and process-oriented with the ability to work independently and to manage multiple projects.
- Resourceful and proactive with the ability to think a step ahead and anticipate needs.
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment and able to adapt to demands of competing work priorities with the ability to pivot calendars and strategies to ensure relevance.
- Must be punctual, approachable, and enthusiastic.
- Must be independent, problem-solving, and a hard-working team player.
- Expert level knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis on XD.
- Knowledge of UX best practices, tools and principles.
- Experience coding with CSS, HTML, and working with video editing and motion graphics is a plus.
- Portfolio available online that showcases visual and technical solutions across multiple design verticals.