B2B has been our bread and butter for over 15 years. We are experts at enabling large enterprise companies connect with their small to medium-sized customers. At Cargo Strategy, we help some of the world's best-known brands align and integrate their mission, objectives, and growth plans with meaningful, measurable go-to-market initiatives. Bottom line, we have a solid track record of anticipating what motivates your SMB customers’ actions and spending habits, and use a proven, data-driven approach to create marketing initiatives that give you a competitive advantage.
Cargo Strategy’s Core Services
- Brand, Customer and Market Strategy, Analysis, and Insights
- Go-To-Market Strategy, Analysis, and Insights
- Strategic Marketing Plan Development
- Marketing Research and Analysis
- Marketing Campaign Analysis and Optimization
- Customer Experience (CX) Strategy and Analysis
- Route-To-Market Strategy and Analysis
- Tech Stack Strategy and Analysis
- Pilot Programs, Campaigns and Scaling Strategies
- Strategic Workshops and Playbooks
The Predictive Competitive Advantage
- Building and combining evidence-based and experience-based insights to drive more predictive marketing actions.
- Testing, optimizing, and scaling pilot strategies and ideas to allow enterprise brands to secure and maintain a competitive advantage and leadership position over other market contenders.
- Arming marketing teams with the intel, insights, and confidence to showcase and justify how investments in marketing drive business results.
Digital and Data-Driven Strategic Solutions
- Predicting and optimizing the SMB Buyer Journey and Experience (CX) to meet increasingly digital customer demands and expectations.
- Leveraging zero, first and third-party data to inform and drive marketing and creative decisions.
- Testing and optimizing digital solutions before authorizing and activating full scale rollouts.
End-to-End Marketing and Sales Integration
- Providing full-scale, end-to-end marketing solutions through Cargo Strategy, Cargo Agency, and Cargo Studios integration.
- Ensuring seamless and efficient collaboration and integration among company marketing teams, sales teams, and networks.
- Supplement and/or complement existing company teams to drive marketing and sales channel and partner alignment at the early stages of strategy and planning.
Speed and Agility
- Work and deliver strategic solutions that meet the rapidly expanding and accelerating demand stream generated by internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Quickly test and scale future-focused strategies and ideas.
- Work in a collaborative and iterative process to empower enterprise marketing teams to confidently meet the demands of today, while preparing for tomorrow.
“The ability for organizations to foresee more accurately ‘what’s next’ is becoming even more crucial as companies seek to ensure their marketing investments yield the most effective, measurable results.”
Mercedes-Benz Vans: The Sprinter Story
Humanizing a Brand to Build Credibility
Peer-to-peer is by far the #1 most trusted channel of communications to small businesses, by almost 2-to-1 compared to any other information channel. This insight drove our marketing strategy for Mercedes-Benz Vans, who, up until then, was struggling to connect with small businesses given their luxury perception of the brand. By letting other small businesses tell our story for us, we accelerate credibility, relevance and trust where all three all paramount to succeed. It was less about us repositioning and humanizing our brand, and more about let our customers help do it for us. Sprinter Stories is a small example of that brand messaging and repositioning story.
Lenovo for Small Business: League of Chaos
Influencing the Business Decision Influencers
The New Workforce, especially GenZ, is transforming the SMB landscape. Both as a growing segment of business decision makers but also, more importantly, business decision influencers. Engaging them takes an ability to entertain and inform, while avoiding selling. This insight was a catalyst for our approach to help Lenovo, Intel and Microsoft communicate the dangers that doing nothing about the end of support for Windows 7 was not an option. The League of Chaos took a humorous and episodic approach to a serious business challenge.