Plus, strategies to help you stand out from the crowd.
Cargo is in the business of helping big tech brands sell to and through the channel. If you’re looking to reach the channel in tech, you might want to bookmark this post. We’re about to drop some knowledge.
Trend #1: Solutions Over Products & Services
It’s everywhere—the move towards delivering comprehensive solutions over individual products and services. This trend is driven by the growing demand for integrated options that address specific customer needs. As a result, tech brands are collaborating with channel partners to develop holistic solutions that include hardware, software, implementation, maintenance, and even customer support.
This approach helps channel partners stand out in a competitive landscape and offer more value to their customers. But—it’s up to marketing professionals to articulate that value. To effectively communicate the “why” of your unique solutions to channel partners and end users, your brand must develop a multi-channel approach that includes through and to channel messaging.
Trend #2: Digital Transformation for All
As tech evolves, the channel plays a crucial role in helping brands encourage widespread digital transformation through cloud computing, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things (IoT), and cybersecurity.
How can your brand stand out as an ideal channel vendor? Invest in channel enablement programs that empower your partners with the tools, training, and resources they need to deliver your transformative solutions. Focus on driving partner engagement with exclusive events. Encourage buy-in with helpful sales resources. Drive loyalty with rewards for top sellers and contributors. Remember—an investment in the channel is an investment in your brand. Seek ways to make yours stand out in the crowded tech market.
Trend #3: Enhanced Customer Experience
Above all, delivering exceptional customer experiences will differentiate tech brands selling through the channel.
Competition is fierce. Channel partners need access to personalized services that provide value beyond product delivery. By opening these access doors, you’re also enhancing the experience for your end customer. So, prioritize offering consultative support, one-on-one training, and ongoing customer service to ensure customer success and satisfaction.
As for developing the messaging to match—that’s where marketing comes in. An effective content strategy can make your channel partner the hero in the customer’s eyes. Plus, it can help your channel partners articulate the value your tech solutions provide. Sounds like a win-win to us.
Standing Out in the Crowd
We’ve talked about providing value to customers through the channel, but what about providing value TO the channel? That starts with knowing what your channel partners need. Here are some thought-starters for bringing them value and standing out from the competition:
- Develop Partner-Centric Marketing Programs: Understand the goals and objectives of your channel partners and align marketing programs to help them achieve. Provide the resources and tools your partners need to effectively market and sell your solutions.
- Foster Communication and Collaboration: Facilitate open lines of communication between your team and your channel partners. Encourage regular meetings, webinars, and training sessions to share information, address concerns, and encourage collaboration. Strong relationships built on trust and effective communication always lead to more successful partnerships.
- Leverage Digital Marketing Channels: Digital marketing is your friend. Use social media, content marketing, email campaigns, and webinars to deliver valuable content and generate leads. If you’re ready to truly dive in, develop online portals or communities to facilitate knowledge sharing and collaboration across your partner network.
- Provide Sales Enablement Resources: Develop sales enablement materials—think product guides, case studies, and presentations—that channel partners can use to effectively position and sell your solutions. Empower them with the knowledge and resources they need to address customer pain points and showcase the unique value of your brand.
- Measure and Optimize: Monitor the performance of your marketing initiatives and optimize them based on data-driven insights. Measure key performance indicators (KPIs) such as lead generation, engagement, and revenue growth to assess program effectiveness. And don’t forget to use this information to refine your strategies and ensure you are delivering tangible results.
Planning Your Next Steps
The future of the tech channel is brimming with opportunity. With the right strategy in place, your growth potential is unlimited.
At Cargo, strategy is one of our favorite words. We help our clients create through and to channel marketing strategies that come together to drive business growth for everyone. But we’re not “set it and forget it” kind of people. We stay agile. We innovate. We’re proactive and attentive. And we love developing next-level creative to help our clients thrive.
Ready to talk strategy? Connect with a Cargo team member today.